Here we are, already at Month 11. Princess Laney sure is growing quickly...and we're enjoying most every second of it.
Laney participated in her first Easter Egg Hunt this evening.
Walking around the pool with Dr. Chaylah
Here are some of Laney's latest accomplishments:
- She now associates "Mama", "Dada", and "Brother" with a person, and will turn correctly each time we ask her, "Where is __?"
- She will walk while pushing something, whether that be a walking toy or Brother's step stool.
- She likes to test how long she can stand alone (just about every time she pulls herself to a standing position)...and will clap while standing (she's so proud of herself...and so are we).
- She will now crawl UP steps/stairs....we're still working on the DOWN part, but thankfully, we don't have stairs in our house.
- She is down to about 3-4 bottles a day....last month of formula, YAY (well, unless she just hates whole milk--but who could blame her--YUCK)!
- She blows kisses when we tell her to say "Goodbye" and "Goodnight, Brother".
- She obtusely signs "more", "all done" and "eat".
- She prefers to feed herself; although, she will still accept some oatmeal and applesauce from a spoon in the morning...and will eat just about anything (we gave her edamame last night for the first time and she LOVED it).
- And she still thinks her brother is the funniest person in the world (they've started handing things to each other while in their car seats--it's SO sweet).
Happy 11 Month Birthday, Laney!