Tuesday, April 29, 2008

His timing is perfect

So we are STILL waiting for AJ to arrive. I was fully prepared to welcome our new little one on Sunday, which would have been 3 days before my due date (the same timeframe when Josiah told us he was ready). But it was a good thing that I didn't go into labor on Sunday. Josiah was up ALL night with one of his allergy-induced asthma attacks/incidents where he requires a breathing treatment every 2-3 hours. And because he has such a hard time breathing, he's miserable and can't be consoled to sleep. It would have been extremely difficult for me to tend to my little boy while dealing with the discomfort of labor. God just knows. :-)

So anyway, for the past 3 nights, I've been preparing myself for "this could be the night". And each time I get up in the middle of the night to empty my crushed bladder, I wonder if I awoke because I'm in labor or that I just have to empty my pea-sized bladder. :-) The anticipation has really "got me up in arms"....I have done a complete 180 degree turn on my attitude towards this upcoming labor experience. A couple of days ago, I would have said that I'm not ready to deal with the pain, etc...but if you ask me today, I'll definitely tell you that I'm more than ready to get it over with.

I know that His timing is perfect...I just have to be patient. Maybe tomorrow.....the actual "due" date. Very few babies are born on their due date, without induction anyway....so that would be pretty cool. :-)

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

bevy said...

We may be neck and neck, who knows?

All in God's perfect timing.