Sunday, July 20, 2008

MPM-July 21

Another week is here, and that means yet another meal plan. I am excited to report that we ate ALL of the leftovers from last week, which is rare because I have a "I will not eat anything that's been in the fridge for longer than 3 days" rule. But I decided made an effort to overcome my fear of eating 3-4 day old leftovers for the good of our family budget. :-) And we Randy only ate out ONCE during the week...and that was to take Josiah to Peter Piper Pizza (kind of like Chuck E. Cheese) with the guys while I attended "Ladies Coffee".


Here's what on the menu for this week:

Monday-Pork Chop Casserole (see recipe below)
Tuesday-Leftover Hobo Beans (Sunday night's dinner)
Wednesday- Lasagna & Spinach Salad
Thursday-Leftover Pork Chop Casserole
Friday-Leftover Lasagna
Saturday- Chili w/Homemade Cornbread
Sunday-Leftover Chili

And because I'm always looking for a new recipe, I thought I would share one (a good friend brought this dish after Alayna was born and we LOVED it--Thanks, Susannah).

Pork Chop Casserole

4-6 Pork Chops
1 1/2 c. uncooked rice
1 can beef consomme soup
1 can French onion soup
1 green bell pepper, sliced

Preheat oven to 350. Brown pork chops on each side. Grease 9x13 casserole dish. Pour uncooked rice into dish, place pork chops on top of rice, pour both cans of soup over pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place sliced bell pepper on top. Cover with foil, bake for 1 hour.

For more menu inspiration, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Let me know how that pork chop casserole is, it sounds good.