Before we moved from VA, my good friend Gina gifted to us one of their extra stepstools. I had been thinking about buying one for Josiah so that we could use it in the bathroom-to help him wash his hands without having to be hoisted up on our knee. Well, it sounded like a good idea at the time. This small blue stepstool is dragged ALL.OVER.THE.HOUSE. In fact, it's rarely ever in the bathroom.
Josiah has discovered multiple uses for his stepstool.....
- stands on top of it while playing his guitar--I guess he feels like he's "on stage".
- works as a seat, just his size, in the living room.
- helps him access the water/ice dispenser from the fridge.
- enables him to reach items in the pantry that are one more shelf up.
- crawling up into Laney's crib.
- crawling up into Mommy's bed.
- reaching for Mommy's toothpaste--he does go one step further by opening the tube and helping himself to a cinnamon-mint flavored snack.
- and it allows him to reach various items on the countertops. Last night, I found pepper in my cup of water. UGH!
Oh, toddlers, they're so resourceful.