Today, our sweet princess Laney reaches the momentous 9 month birthday. She's 3/4 of her way to turning ONE YEAR OLD! While many mommies get teary-eyed when they start thinking about how their baby is no longer a baby, I'm just the opposite. I'm sooooo over the baby stuff and am excited for the next stage. I get super excited at the thought of her and Josiah
fighting playing and laughing together. I must admit, though, I enjoy observing the infant-baby-toddler transition...they are so fun to watch as they figure out the world around them, taking joy in the simple things we've forgotten.
Okay, and just as I do every month, it's time to bore you with some of Laney's latest accomplishments and enjoyments...
- soon after her 8 month birthday, she started rolling over in BOTH directions (it took her a while, but she finally got there--it's hard to get enough momentum to roll that chubbiness around)
- since she starting utilizing her pincer grasp, she's been feeding herself more, sticking her nose up at baby purees (and will NOT take more than one bite of jarred baby food).
- we are slowly working on some sign language, but the one universal sign she can do is shake her head no when she's done, especially with eating and when she doesn't want to get changed.
- she loves it when Randy sings "My Girl" to her.
- she enjoys talking via Skype on the computer.
- she is now starting to reach for objects further away than just the length of her torso
- she's reaching so far that she's now getting up on her hands and knees for a few minutes
- tooth #7 will be cutting through soon, you can see it.
- the girl LOVES playing with shoes (and untying shoe laces).
- in addition to her love of Cheerios, she LOVES beans (black, pinto, red)
- she tried chicken, tortilla, guacamole, beans, cheese, and yogurt this month (we are now starting to feed her more from our plates instead of feeding her purees).
- she gives a big smile each time I rub our foreheads together or give eskimo kisses.
- she would rather stand than sit (this has been going on for a couple of months now but it seemed that most of the times that I tried to sit her down, she would refuse).
- and her hair is finally starting to really grow...hair is now long enough that it's going over the tops of her ears. Yay, I'm pulling the bows out as soon as she has enough on top!
And while this is faaaar from an accomplishment, she started waking up 2-3 times per night again...something she hasn't done since she was 2 months old. My body is just now getting used to it again. I'm not sure if she's waking because she needs to feel me near her (she's had some real separation anxiety issues this past month) or if she's really hungry. I've been feeding her each time she wakes, and she eats like she's starving...so I feel bad about just snuggling and not feeding her. But I'll do anything to get her to sleep through the night again. Any suggestions?
Laney's 9 month check up is on Monday, so I'll post her latest stats (weight, height, head measurements) then.
And since we are only 3 months away from celebrating her 1st birthday, you better believe that I've already started thinking about her party. I'm leaning towards a cupcake theme. I found this cupcake cake pan....and I'm thinking that it's way too fun not to make for her. I've also found some cute outfits with a cupcake and 1 candle embroidered on it...again, too cute! We'll be coupling her party with her boyfriend, James', party since their birthdays are only 3 days apart, and I think we've decided on a BBQ/pool party....SO FUN! I can't wait!
Happy 9 Month Birthday, Alayna!