I had yet another week "off" week, "off" from the gym, that is. I really don't know why I'm still so unmotivated to get moving again. I feel a ton better about myself and sleep better when I do. If I really sat and thought about it, I could easily come up with 5 reasons as to why I've refrained from getting my butt back to the gym....
- I'm up with the baby multiple times during the night, so I'm too tired to get up early in the morning, mid-day, and after the babies go to bed to work out.
- I'm still seeing the scale move, in the downward direction, just by paying close attention to why I put in my mouth.
- No one is physically relying on me to meet them at the gym (and sometimes I need that).
- I can't find my workout clothes...I know they're clean, but I'm just not sure which laundry hamper they're still in from the laundry I did a couple of weeks ago.
- I'm such a slow poke now, and I'm frustrated with how fast my endurance went "down hill".
On a slightly positive note, I mustered up enough courage to ask a friend if I could drop the kids off for an hour this morning so that I could go to the gym. It was refreshing! I jogged 3 miles straight through (yay, me!). It felt so good to get moving again....I missed it. Plus, I was able to watch some "normal" tv, something other than "Curious George" or "Little Einsteins", while I cranked out the mileage. So after this morning, I'm feeling a little more motivated to back to where I was before Christmas (and a little less hesitant to ask friends for help).
Here's to a much better week!