Thursday, November 6, 2008

Right On Track

We (Josiah and I) took Laney to her 6 month well-baby visit this morning. Princess Alayna is growing right along her growth curve at 90, 75 and 75.

Here were her stats this morning:
Weight: 19 lbs. 2 oz.
Height: 26 3/4 "
Head circumference: 17"

Yep, she's a big girl. Laney's even wearing 12-18 month onesies now. Part of that is due to the cloth diapers but more is due to her "longer torso than legs" gene. While I'm glad she's growing so well, it saddens me because there is going to be A LOT of cute stuff that goes unworn next summer, A LOT.

My parents are driving down for Thanksgiving, and then we're off to West Texas for Christmas. I can't wait for the family to see just how big she is.

Overall, it was a good visit. Both kiddos got flu shots, and I would have, too, except that I'm not technically a pt. yet. :-) And to be honest, I'm not sure if I'll end up getting one. Last year's shot was tough...not sure if that was due to my being pregnant, the needle, the administrator, or the serum itself, but I was sore for a good long while. However, I'll endure a couple of days of upper arm soreness if that means I don't end up with the flu. There is NOTHING worse that being incapacitated while trying to care for the little people.

No comments: