Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

We are just 2 days away from Thanksgiving, one of my three most favorite holidays, and I'm torn with how I feel. While I'm excited that we are so close to a favorite holiday, I'm saddened by the fact that Thanksgiving seems to have been forgotten in all of the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holiday, including but not limited to whether or not stores will be turning a profit this year with our current economic situation. Christmas decorations were hung and placed on the store shelves the day after Halloween. And folks have been blogging about getting out their own Christmas decor, if they haven't put it up already. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as excited as the next person is about celebrating Christmas, but I want to take a few extra minutes to enjoy Thanksgiving first.


On Sunday, I was reminded that Thanksgiving is a day when we should turn our focus from Black Friday shopping, football, and special foods that we only get to enjoy once a year towards God, thanking Him for His mighty provision.
I found out about Ten Things Tuesday, hosted by Mrs. Brownstone at XBOX Wife, thanks to a bloggy friend who is a faithful participant. I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to to share what I'm most THANKFUL for, in an effort to turn my focus.
1. I am thankful for my hard-working and loving husband with whose help, I have....
2. TWO beautiful (and healthy) children.
3. I am thankful for Randy's successful completion of Medical School so that....
4. I can stay home to raise our two little blessings.
5. I am thankful for my parents and their love for us that they are driving 26 hours (one-way) for a 3 day visit.
6. I am thankful that the Lord provided me with 4-5 ways in which to GIVE during this season of Thanks.
7. I am thankful for wonderful friends who know when I need to be listened to, encouraged, loved, or given a good ol' kick in the butt.
8. I am thankful our move/transition back to TX went smoothly, and that I've started forming a couple of true friendships.
9. I am thankful for my change in attitude regarding homekeeping duties, keeping in mind Joshua 24:15.
10. I am thankful that in just a few short weeks we will be spending another favorite holiday with my very loving extended family, something we haven't done in 2 years.


No comments: