Monday, October 20, 2008

Menu Plan Monday~October 20

While I may not have posted our menu plan last week, I still put one together. To say it simply....I'm hooked. It makes my life so much easier when I assemble a plan....and it's the only kind of plan that I can, for the most part, stick to. I've had to learn that when there are kids involved, all plans go right out the window. So, here is our menu plan for the week.

Monday--Chili (I'm making enough for one night of leftovers and to freeze some so when it's finally gets cool enough outside, I'll be ready)
Tuesday--Leftover Chili
Wednesday--Pork chops marinated in BBQ sauce and cooked in the crock pot
Thursday--Leftover Pork chops
Friday--Chicken Baseballs (recipe below)
Saturday--Rancheros Casserole
Sunday--Leftover Rancheros Casserole

And because I appreciate a new recipe, I thought I would include one from our menu.

Chicken Baseballs (8 WW points/serving)

3oz. light cream cheese, softened
2 t. margarine, melted
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 dash poultry seasoning
2 T. onion, chopped
2 C. cooked chicken, cubed
1 (8oz) can reduced-fat crescent rolls
2 T. milk
2 T. breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 350. Melt cream cheese, margarine, salt, pepper, onion, and milk in microwave for 15-20 seconds or in small saucepan. Pour melted mixture over cooled, cooked chicken and stir. Divide mixture into 4 servings. Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles and seal perforations. Spoon 1/4 mixture into the center of each rectangle. Pull opposite corners to the center and seal. Sprinkle each "baseball" with breadcrumbs. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Nope, nothing too exciting. However, if you head over to Laura's @ I'm an Organizing Junkie, you will most definitely find something that tickles your tastebuds.



2 comments:

Irma said...

I love these. I haven't attempted to cook them yet, but I will.

Trisha said...

I do the weekly meal plan every week too. It always gets rearranged due to certain people coming home or not coming on in time for dinner. ;)