My SIL, Elizabeth, participated in a fun meme that required her to write about 10 things she loved beginning with a particular letter. And because I'm always up for a good challenge, I asked Elizabeth to assign me a letter....and she gave me the letter "F".
Here are 10 things I LOVE that start with "F", in no particular order.
1. Friends--I'm a very social person and LOVE to be surrounded by all my best girlfriends. Unfortunately, now that they live ALL.OVER.THE.COUNTRY, I have to settle for conversation via Skype, IM, email, etc. My beloved friends know how to give me a "lift" when I'm in need of some encouragment, how to "bring it down a notch" when I'm overreacting, and how to separate me from being "Josiah and Laney's mommy".
2. Facebook--yet another way that I've managed to keep in touch with my friends. I've also reconnected with some old ones. I LOVE to be nosey and finding out what my college roommate, Iowa and Florida classmates have been up to for the last 10-15 years has been A LOT of fun. I've also become "friends" with some of my bloggy friends, and I've enjoyed getting to know them, too.
3. Freshly washed sheets--there are few things that are as soothing as a freshly made bed with clean, fluffy sheets, especially those of a higher thread count. Ahhhh.
4. Family--as much as my children grate on my last nerve most days (I'm working on my patience level), oh how do I LOVE my little family of four....and hope to make it "five" some day soon. I also could not have been more blessed with more loving parents, siblings, and in-laws. They are, after all, the ones who helped sculpt me into the person I am today....and they did a wonderful job, I do say so myself.
5. French Manicure/Pedicure--I just LOVE, LOVE to get my nails done and my favorite polish is "the french". When I'm in need of something just for me, as a reward for a job well-done and don't want to reward my weight loss with a double fudge brownie, I'll go nail salon for a mani and pedi.
6. French fries--something a good hamburger should NOT be without. And because I wasn't given the letter "H", I had to go with the next best thing. The french fries I enjoy the most are those from McDonald's and Red Robin. What are your favorites?
7. Fireworks/Firecrackers on the Fourth--going to see fireworks is almost as much of a family tradition as driving around to see Christmas lights. I LOVE the BIG ones, the ones with a lot of color (and even different shapes). As a kid, we only did sparklers at home. But now that Randy is in charge of home-based explosives, he comes home with a bunch that I've never even heard of...and they make lots of noise.
8. Fondue--what is more wonderful than dipping strawberries, pound cake, pineapple, marshmallows, and pretzels in fondue? The chocolate kind (and in my opinion, the ONLY kind).
9. Flowers--while I am just like most girls and enjoy receiving a bouquet of flowers on special occassions (or for no particular reason), I would rather have my husband's hard earned money go towards something more permanent (a book, iTunes gift card, DVD, jewelry, card, etc).
10. Fireproof--while I haven't seen it yet, I know that I will LOVE it once I do. I can't wait for its release next week.
If you want to play along, let me know; and I'll be happy to assign you a letter.
I am a thirty-something SAHM to 4 little joys: 5, 4, 2 and 3 months. I've been married to a wonderful man for 9 years.
In this season of life, I am trying to figure out the kind of woman, wife, and mother that God has called me to be....and learning to be content along the way.