Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday~January 12

Nothing too exciting going at our table this week...other than the new recipe that I'll be trying out on Tuesday.

A few years ago we purchased the Eating For Life (EFL) cookbook which is a supplement to Bill Phillips' Body For Life exercise program. It turns out that from my quite diverse cookbook library, the EFL cookbook one of our favorites. So in an effort to help BOTH of us shed some oh-so-unwanted pounds before my sister's wedding in July, I've decided to cook more from the cookbook to make sure that our carb/protein/veggie ratio is in check (which is sometimes hard to do because I LOVE carbs).

This week's menu comes entirely from the Eating For Life cookbook. And even though we've had the book for years, there are still recipes that we haved tried, like the Chunky Beef Stew, which will be my recipe review of the week.

Monday--Spaghetti & Meatballs (EFL) with steamed broccoli
Tuesday--Chunky Beef Stew (EFL)
Wednesday--leftover spaghetti
Thursday--leftover stew
Friday--Grilled Chicken Kabobs (EFL)
Saturday--Egg-cellent Enchiladas (EFL) & Birthday party out
Sunday--Egg-cellent Enchildadas & leftover kabobs

For more menu plan ideas, visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Who doesn't adore carbs? Girl you are committed and I am in awe! I hope your new recipe is a yummy one!