Saturday, January 31, 2009

A REAL Date


Randy and I went on our first REAL date tonight since our Anniversary last March.

We spent REAL time away from both kids (even though it was just for a couple of hours).

We went to a REAL movie theater (instead of renting from Redbox and watching it at home).

and saw a REAL movie (we saw "New in Town" --very cute)

and ate REAL movie theater popcorn (instead of from our air-popper).

I wore REAL perfume, Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren (instead of eau de Laney's drool and snot).

I wore REAL make-up.

My hair was blown dry using REAL fabricated (how's that for an oxymoron?) hot air from my hair dryer (instead of letting the Valley wind blow it dry).

I carried a REAL purse (instead of the overly-used-and-carried-everywhere-tote-for-a-diaper bag).

And after a night of refraining from thinking about our "extra appendages", we were slightly bummed when the movie ended and realized that we had to pick up our REAL kids.

We REALly enjoyed ourselves and REALized that we don't do it nearly enough.


9 comments:

Joy said...

Glad you had a good time on your date!!

Shelley said...

Awww! You two are so cute. I'm so glad you were able to get out. We don't go out nearly enough either. I think August was the last time we went out together. It was the first time in probably 2 years that I had been to a movie theater. I was just giddy to be out without kids and in an actual movie theater! Congrats on your date. :-)

Elizabeth said...

I read this at 9:15 and you're already home! Next time we're there you guys are going away overnight! Now that would be an extra special REAL date!

It looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for the inspiration. I need to schedule us a date, and soon:)

Allison said...

I'm jealous! Hope you had a REALLY good time! :)

Trisha said...

how sweet is that picture!

date night is the best, huh?

tammi said...

Oh boy, I hear ya!!! We date about that often, too. It usually turns into a marvelous experience and we vow to do it more often, and yet.... we never do.

Maybe I can convince hubby to take me out for OUR anniversary when that movie comes to town! (that's in two weeks ~ Valentine's Day, actually ~ but our tiny little one-cinema movie theatre is often a little behind the rest of the continent!!)

Sara said...

Yay for date nights! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Love ya!

Manda said...

lol about eau de Laney's drool! :) Glad you had a refreshing time!

Anonymous said...

HOW Sweet Jess~! I'll bet y'all had a REAL nice time and that you're REALLY hoping to do that again soon :-) Can you believe your little princess is nearing a YEAR old!? Wow!